Global startups will scale their business from Hamburg
The new “Scaleup Landing Pad Hamburg” is now set to give ten international startups the opportunity to expand from Hamburg into the wider German and European market with their innovative business models. Selected by a jury of experts in August, the companies are already established on the market. They originate from China, Finland, France, Luxembourg, Norway, Singapore and Switzerland. Their industry focus is on mobility and logistics as well as on cross-sector technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), renewable energies or blockchain. In addition to outstanding innovative strength, sustainability was also a particularly important criterion for shortlisting the participating companies. These companies will benefit from personalized services and incentives with an equivalent value of up to €50,000.
1 September 2022, Hamburg (Germany). In 2022, the Scaleup Landing Pad Hamburg will help 10 young international companies to scale up their business in Germany and Europe from Hamburg. The new offer by the City of Hamburg is aimed at so-called scaleups, these are startups that have already been able to establish themselves on the market for between three and ten years. The aim is to connect dynamic companies from the fields of sustainable mobility and logistics to key players and business partners in the Hamburg metropolitan region and to support them in this endeavour systematically.
The Hamburg Invest business development agency, which launched the program on behalf of the City of Hamburg, provides each participating scaleup with a curated network of external service providers free of charge, with an equivalent value of up to €50,000. In total, more than 30 international companies applied to participate in the program in the first application round, which was announced in June 2022.
The ten selected scaleups:
- AI (Finland) runs an AI-enhanced digital platform connecting ship operators, ports and cargo owners.
- BeeX (Singapore) specializes in the autonomous assessment of underwater infrastructures
- Circu Li-ion (Luxembourg) offers trailblazing automated battery and cell upcycling
- Flyability (Switzerland) provides the first collision-tolerant drone for remote visual inspections in confined spaces
- HySiLabs (France) pioneers the transport and storage of hydrogen in conventional liquid form
- INFINITE MOBILITY (Norway) develops next-generation light-weight vehicles powered by solar energy
- MicroSec's (Singapore) Security-by-Design is built into each of its solutions to stop cyberattacks at the device and network levels
- Senior Automation (China) combines smart logistics with driverless trucks to make transportation more efficient, sustainable and safer
- SunGreenH2 (Singapore) creates the world's highest performance electrolysers
- UTURN (Netherlands) provides a logistics tool to organize container transport from order to cash in a smarter way
“We are extremely happy about the large number of applications we received for the program. They show just how interested young companies are in Hamburg as a location for further growth in areas such as mobility and logistics”, says Dr. Rolf Strittmatter, CEO of Hamburg Invest. “Hamburg is one of the best places in Europe for innovative startups from these industries, as there is hardly any other region where expertise in key future technologies is so concentrated.”
Hamburg is already an international hub for innovative mobility and logistics, as well as for green hydrogen. The city hosted the ITS World Congress for Future Mobility in 2021 and is a testing ground for autonomous driving and urban air mobility. It is also home to Europe’s third-largest seaport and major trading hubs.
For more information about the Scaleup Landing Pad and the winners of the package of measures, please visit https://landingpad.future.hamburg